There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Easy yummy lunchbox idea

I recently found out that I am a coeliac and also lactose intolerant, so I am always in the kitchen making new recipes work for me...and this is my latest! I thought I would share it with you all because it is super easy, quick, healthy but still super yummy, so great for the LUNCHBOX! Oh yeah and gluten and lactose free!! Heidi loves them.

Good luck to all the first time school starters tomorrow...and their parents! :( A few tears, I'm sure!

Sweet Date Muffins

  • 100g pitted chopped dates
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup golden syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
  • 1 cup Food for Health, gluten free muesli

  • Place orange juice and dates into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, covered. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
  • Place dates to a bowl and stir in golden syrup, eggs and oil until combined.
  • Then add flour and muesli 
  • Use lightly-greased muffin tin at 180°C for 25 minutes. 

Very hot so let cool!


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! My 4 year old went through this in August. We had no clue but knew something wasn't right so off to the Paed we went and then after the blood test had it confirmed with the small bowel biopsy.
    Going gluten free has just made things a little bit more difficult for us (she was already nut free due to anaphylaxis). Be sure to keep sharing recipes so I can pinch them and use them where suitable for my Miss T lol

    ps Don't you just HATE the cost of gluten free flours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been difficult but getting easier, must be hard though when your not and your daughter is...because I am gluten free I just make the family gluten free so a little easier than just doing it for one person. And yes my grocery bill has gone up heaps!! Almond meal, gluten free flour etc... cost a bomb! Have heaps of recipes though, so I will keep sharing! Thanks for your comment. xx

    ReplyDelete