I recently found out that I am a coeliac and also lactose intolerant, so I am always in the kitchen making new recipes work for me...and this is my latest! I thought I would share it with you all because it is super easy, quick, healthy but still super yummy, so great for the LUNCHBOX! Oh yeah and gluten and lactose free!! Heidi loves them.
Good luck to all the first time school starters tomorrow...and their parents! :( A few tears, I'm sure!
Sweet Date Muffins
- 100g pitted chopped dates
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup Food for Health, gluten free muesli
- Place orange juice and dates into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, covered. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Place dates to a bowl and stir in golden syrup, eggs and oil until combined.
- Then add flour and muesli
- Use lightly-greased muffin tin at 180°C for 25 minutes.
Very hot so let cool!